Saturday, November 29, 2008

The first Sunday in Advent.


Tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent. I try not to put up any decorations or pay much attention to Christmas until now. It's fun to build up to Christmas slowly. Advent is the beginning of the Church Year for most churches in the Western tradition. It begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day, which is the Sunday nearest November 30, and ends on Christmas Eve (Dec 24). If Christmas Eve is a Sunday, it is counted as the fourth Sunday of Advent, with Christmas Eve proper beginning at sundown. Most churches and some households light a candle for each sunday and have them in a circle called an advent wreath. I don't recall this practice in the Presbyterian Church being common before the 70s but I like it.

I have been updating my Christmas Carols webpages. I used to have midis on them. I made the change to videos this year to go along with the words and some history and illustrations. Some of the Carols I have there are unusual ones. Most of them are my favorites but I plan to add more with time. I made one video just to embed because I could not find a version on YouTube. I think the way the pages are now is allot better.

http://www.ramshornstudio.com/carols.htm




http://www.ramshornstudio.com/carnal_and_crane.htm

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook