Monday, April 4, 2011

Faith






Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was posted on a website I write for. It made me so sad:


"All religions summed up:
1. I'm terrified at the thought of death and non-existence, so
2. I need to believe in an eternal life, so
3. I need to believe that if I'm good enough I'll live forever, so
4. I have to have a "god" that will make me live forever, so
5. I need to believe that god cares enough about me to answer my prayers, so
6. I need to know that that god likes me better than the rest of you, so

So I can go out and demonize everybody who isn't like me. 'Cause god likes me best."


My answer was this:

1.) Faith makes me feel at one with the The creator, earth and nature,
2.) Faith makes me push on and try to do good even when I am tired and feeling my hope wain,
3.) Faith helps me see the big picture and let go of the small stuff.
4.) Faith gives me the understanding that all beings are connected and all draw life from the creator.
5.) Faith invests me with knowledge and hope and a sense that all men and women are family and should be treated as family.
6.) Faith keeps me ever mindful that one should love their neighbor as themselves because we are all children of God.

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook