Monday, February 16, 2009

A little about Guns and Crime in the USA




Prevalence of homicide and violent crime is greatest in urban areas of the United States. In metropolitan areas, the homicide rate in 2005 was 6.1 per 100,000 compared with 3.5 in non-metropolitan counties.In U.S. cities with populations greater than 250,000, the mean homicide rate was 12.1 per 100,000. Rates of gun-related homicides are greatest in southern and western states not in the east! In 2005, 75% of the 10,100 homicides committed using firearms in the United States were committed using handguns, compared to 4% with rifles, 5% with shotguns, and the rest with a type of firearm not specified. Do the math the areas where most people are farthest left-leaning have the most gun crime. Time to stop drugs and poverty not gun ownership. Social justice lowers crime not removing weapons. Where I live almost every house owns long guns and there in no violence. This country is vast and made up of many subcultures. Passing across the board gun laws is crazy! Guns are not the problem I can tell you, in society. A gun is a tool like any other. I think I have changed allot since I was young. I used to be very anti-gun. I married a man who knew how to shoot and slowly I came to understand the difference between hand gun crime in highly populated areas and the guns kept by honest peace-loving people in small towns and rural America. The reason this topic was on my mind today is because allot of people are attacking our new senator,Kirsten Gillibrand because she owns guns and does not want to see broad gun control bills passed limiting the 2nd amendment. I think Gillibrand is a great person and she is an expert on Asian culture. She was a wonderful choice by Gov. Paterson! Gillbrand really understands rural and small town New York. I use a rifle myself and I enjoy being a gun owner.

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook