Friday, January 9, 2009

Robert Burns, Born Jan 25, 1759


Coming up is Burns Night and this is a special year to celebrate the Poet and Song Writer, Robert Burns. This year is the 250th year since his birth. Burns Night is annually celebrated in Scotland on or around January 25. It commemorates the life of the bard (poet) Robert Burns, who was born on January 25, 1759. The day also celebrates Burns' contribution to Scottish culture. Burns' best known work is "Auld Lang Syne". Burns speaks to me more than any other poet. Not only do I love his poems I love the songs. Robert Burns was an avid collector of traditional Scottish songs but he often changed them so they were more current and so they would not be lost from the public consciousness.I made a webpage dedicated to Burns last year and I have an extensive collection of recordings of his songs done by many different artists. Please visit my web page about Burns here?
http://www.ramshornstudio.com/burns.htm

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook