Monday, July 20, 2009

Susan Boyle: Sudden fame hit me like a demolition ball

Published Date: 21 July 2009
By ANGUS HOWARTH
SUSAN Boyle, the Scots singer who shot to worldwide attention with her appearance on Britain's Got Talent, has described the sudden fame as a "demolition ball".

In her first TV interview since she became a global sensation with millions of fans – set to be shown in the US tomorrow – Boyle, from Blackburn, West Lothian, said:

"The impact, like a demolition ball. You know, and anyone who has that kind of impact – finds it really hard to get a head around it.

"I've got to be honest here. I guess I had to get my head around it, but through the – the guidance of a great team, and they are very good, I was able to see that in perspective and really turn that around a little."

Boyle, 48, who initially struggled with her celebrity status, is working on an album, under the direction of Britain's Got Talent judge Simon Cowell. Boyle's rendition of I Dreamed a Dream, her first and most popular performance on the talent show, attracted 275 million video views on the web.

"Being plucked from obscurity is a bit like, you know, going on a long journey.

"You don't know what's going to happen. You don't know how it's going to end. I don't want it to end," she added.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Susan-Boyle-Sudden-fame-hit.5477211.jp

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook