Monday, April 28, 2008

May Day Carol





The moon shines bright, the stars give a light
A little before tis day
Our Heavenly Father, he called to us
And bid us awake and pray

Awake, awake, oh pretty, pretty maid
Out of your drowsy dream
And step into your dairy below
And fetch me a bowl of cream

If not a bowl of thy sweet cream
A cup to bring me cheer
For the Lord knows when we shall meet again
To go Maying another year

I have been wandering all this night
And some time of this day
And now returning home again
I've brought you a branch of May

A branch of May I've brought you here
And at your door I stand
'Tis nothing but a sprout, but it's well budded out
By the work of our Lord's hand

My song is done and I must be gone
No longer can I stay
So it's God bless you all, both great and small
And send you a joyful May

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook