Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Favorite Sheep Song, Searching for Lambs

As I went out one May morning,

One May morning betime,

I met a maid from home had strayed,

Just as the sun did shine


What makes you rise so soon, my dear,

Your journey to pursue?

Your pretty little feet they tread so sweet,

Strike off the morning dew.


I'm going to feed my Father's flock,

His young and tender lambs,

That over hills and over dales

Lie waiting for their dams.


O stay! O stay! you handsome maid,

And rest a moment here,

For there is none but you alone

That I do love so dear.


How gloriously the sun doth shine,

How pleasant is the air;

I'd rather rest on a true love's breast

Than any other where.


For I am thine and thou art rnine;

No man shall uncomfort thee.

We'll join our hands in wedded bands

And a-married we will be.



Recorded By

June Tabor

Tony Rose

Maddy Prior

John Renbourn Group

Allan Taylor

Cyril Tawney

No comments:



The Rams Horn

The Rams Horn on Facebook